- 7mm torque wrench
- Replacement plastic nozzle
The plastic nozzle should be replaced every 3200 CCs printed. If you are experiencing underextrusion, it may be necessary to replace the nozzle as part of troubleshooting.
Replace the Plastic Nozzle
Before you begin the process of replacing your plastic nozzle, please note that your printer has a built-in utility which will walk you through the replacement process step by step.
Note: Completing this utility will also reset the plastic nozzle counter, allowing your device to warn you proactively when the plastic nozzle next needs to be replaced. For more information, see the Maintenance Schedule Utility support article.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Utilities tile from the available options.
- Select the Maintenance tile from the available options.
- Select the Replace Nozzles tile.
- Select the Replace Plastic Nozzle tile.
- Press the Unload Plastic button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Use the 7mm torque wrench to remove the plastic nozzle, then press Next.
- Before discarding the old nozzle, remove its washer and screw it on to the new nozzle. Take care not to misplace it.
- Apply a small amount of Anti-Seize to the end of the threads of the new nozzle, then press Next.
Note: Be sure not to get any of the Anti-Seize inside the nozzle.
- Using the torque wrench, screw the new nozzle partway into the print head, then unscrew it and screw it in again; this helps disperse the Anti-Seize over all of the threads.
Note: If you are installing both fiber and plastic nozzles at the same time, make sure that the white print head cover on the underside of the print head remains properly aligned and tucked in to the head, and that no gap remains between the fiber nozzle and the heater block.
- Tighten the nozzle until it clicks.
Note: Ensure that the torque wrench has solid contact at all points on the nozzle. Failure to do so may result in your plastic nozzle being stripped.
- Press the Reload Plastic button on the touchscreen.
Select Meter Load and follow the onscreen instructions to reload plastic.
- Press Done to exit the utility.
- Run the Shim Bed Level utility (Menu > Bed Level > Shim Bed Level). For more information, see Level the Print Bed.
- Run the Laser Bed Level utility (Menu > Bed Level > Laser Bed Level). For more information, see Level the Print Bed.
- Run the Bed Level Test Print utility to confirm that the bed is level (Menu > Utilities > Test Prints > Bed Level Test Print). For more information, see Bed Level Test Print.
- If applicable, run the fiber nozzle height calibration utility (Menu > Bed Level > Adjust Fiber Nozzle Height). For more information, see Adjust Fiber Nozzle Height.