Sometimes it might be needed to recreate CUSTOMTOOLS database. This might be the case when the location of the SOLIDWORKS files changes from one server to another, for example. Then it might be easier to just recreate database instead of fixing the missing file references pointing to an incorrect server.
Recreate CUSTOMTOOLS database and import data from SOLIDWORKS files like this:
1. Launch CUSTOMTOOLS Administration tool and login to existing database.
2. Export the CUSTOMTOOLS profile to *.ctprof file. SEE THIS GUIDE!
3. Create the new database and select the option to import the settings from existing *.ctprof file that was exported in step 2.
4. Launch SOLIDWORKS and make sure that the new database is active and running.
5. Import the data from SOLIDWORKS files to new database. SEE THIS VIDEO!.
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS VIDEO TO SEE THE DETAILED WORKFLOW OF THE STEPS ABOVE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.